Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Saturday, December 09, 2006

"tempting" sweater

Ever take on a project because you want to take on the challenge, even though you probably have no use for the final product?

I saw the pattern for "Tempting" on knitty.com. I'd never done an article of clothing yet, so I thought a short sleeved sweater would be an easier starting point than a full sweater. It took me a year to finish it, not because it's a hard project but because after I got about 75% done, I lost interest. I hate short sleeved sweaters! Crafters, beware. You may be drawn into a project by an exciting technique or challenge, but it's a huge waste of time if you don't have a use for the final product in mind!

I guess one good thing did come out of this project. I taught myself how to knit in the round and how to knit on double pointed needles. And I now have the confidence to start a big sweater project that I might actually use. Hopefully next time it won't take a year!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shoulders. Rwar!

12/09/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home