Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, June 18, 2012

2012 Garden: First Up: Lilacs and Irises

The first things to bloom this year were the irises and lilacs.  They bloomed around mid-May.  Everything is way off schedule this year, because we had an incredibly warm winter and early spring.  The rain's been pretty good, too.

Unfortunately, the daffodils I bought for my birthday last fall didn't come up.  Not one of them!  Amanda and I even covered them with chicken wire to keep pests away from them.  What a disappointment.


Beneath the lilac tree is my favorite place to pot plants.  You can see all the marigolds I potted above.  We strategically place these around the vegetable garden in an attempt to keep rabbits away.  It seems like it works!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home