Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Friday, August 24, 2007

Peterson Halter Top

I've been looking for photos of this project forever, and finally found the disk when I moved last week. That's right, I've got a new pad, and that means lots of crafty DIY solutions to new space needs. Expect wonderment ahead.






Anyway, I made this shirt last summer when my hometown of Peterson, IA celebrated its sesquicentennial (that's 150 years, in case ya didn't know!). I loosely followed some instructions from my Generation T book.




I used a HUGE old Peterson t-shirt my mom gave me back when big shirts were in. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Throughout the weekend, I kept taking it in a little more and adjusting the straps, because t-shirts stretch. Next time I'd sew the straps on, since the holes I cut to tie them in kept getting bigger and bigger. I'd also leave more space above the graphic, because cut t-shirts roll, and this one kept rolling down over the graphic.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Laura, Laura, Laura... You couldn't have chosen a better last name ;0) I'm a fan of this craft! Good work.

8/24/2007 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home