Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Latest fabric acquisitions

And now, as promised, photos of my latest lovely fabric acquisitions.

I think this sort of greenish upholstery-ish thrift store fabric remant will go well in our greenish living room, probably as part of some kind of wall hanging or collage. The picture doesn't really do it justice. Trust me, it's pretty.








Another thrift store remnant. I fell in love with the texture--red wool with lots of colorful flecks. Not sure how I'll use it yet.







I think these two look like lovely purse liners. I've been eyeing the tutorials on http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/. A purse of that caliber would be an ambitious project, but if I can stay motivated, I think I'm up to the challenge.


And now for the treasure trove from the stash of my friend who left for the Peace Corps.








Here's the whole prized collection. I had a hard time finding space for it in the craft room. I need to start using some of the fabric I've amassed!



While I was lying on the floor for this photo shoot, I thought it would be funny to turn the camera around. Yeah, funny. WHO is this old woman? I thought gravity was the enemy for dragging your face down, but yikes, gravity really makes you look like hell when it pulls your face sideways. Like my dad always says, it's a bitch gettin' old.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home