Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, June 04, 2007

Postcard Wall Hanging

Haven't been devoting much time for crafting lately. What a shame. But luckily I have a bank of old projects to draw on to keep the blog interesting. Here's a wall hanging I made out of old postcards and garden wire.




This is one of my favorite projects, because the postcards have special meaning. I found the tomato postcard stuck inside the screen door at my apartment a couple years ago. My buddy Michelle had "Stopped by for a visit" and left the postcard to let me know so. The two on the sides are both postcards I got in college from the coordinator of Iowa Women Initiating Social Change, reminding me of upcoming meetings. That's Georgia O'Keeffe on the left.

The top postcard was given by my very special friend Abby. We actually did postcard and wire crafts together that night. She supplied the materials. The postcard says, "She was blissfully unaware of her peril."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

11/22/2009 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home