Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Homework, 1/26 through 1/27

After two days of work, the contractor still only has half of the floor laid. I'm getting nervous that it's not going to be installed, sanded, and finished in time for the move next weekend. That is going to make things a lot harder.

Alissa and Mike were here to help this weekend. We mostly painted. Alissa really wanted to paint the window trim in the kitchen, so I ran to Hudson's to pick up some white paint. She worked on that while Mike and I painted in the basement and Reagan worked on a poop and a nap. I'm glad she was so gung ho about it, because it looks a hundred times better. Kara and Roya stopped by for a little baby therapy and helped for a little bit.

Today I painted more trim, and maybe got myself in a little deeper than I planned. I removed the basement door so I could get at the trim better, but as I was painting I realized I would probably need to repaint the door so it would match the trim. I didn't have the heart to do it, though, because I'm sick of painting! Plus, it will probably get dinged 25 times during the move. Might just have to move it to the basement and finish it afterwards.


Accomplishments:
  • Painted second coat in family room.
  • Touched up dining room.
  • Painted basement bedroom.
  • Painted window and doorway trim in kitchen.
  • Painted window trim in upstairs bathroom.
  • Started putting together IKEA bench. Still need to put legs on.
  • Removed contact paper from linen closet and bathroom vanity shelves.
  • Scrubbed duct tape residue with WD40 in kitchen.

People Hours Invested: 20
To Date: 183

Trips to Hudson's Ace Hardware & Home Depot: 11

Tears: None.
Tears to Date: Twice.

Freshly painted living room, with half a floor.

Newly painted walls and door trim in the kitchen.

Newly painted walls and window trim in the upstairs bathroom.

Newly painted guest room.

More photos here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your fecal collector?

3/02/2008 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home