Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, February 04, 2008

Homework, 2/3

It snowed today. I guess I better get used to the disappointment of spending hours clearing the sidewalks, only to have them fill up again. At least I didn't have to chip away ice this time. And I was really worried that I might be too wimpy to shovel all that sidewalk that surrounds my corner lot, but it wasn't awful, and it didn't take more than 45 minutes.

But speaking of things that take a long time, yesterday I spent three more hours working on removing the carpet adhesive in the bedroom. I swear, I am going to cherish this floor. Today the Seantractor was finally able to start sanding it. He said it took him three hours, and he probably has three more hours to go on it. Luckily the new floor in the family room won't take as long, because it's brand new wood and there's nothing to sand off.


Accomplishments:
  • Finished second pass over the bedroom floor with adhesive remover.
  • Painted second side of basement door. Looks kinda crappy. It's definitely gonna need a second coat.
  • Finished putting legs on the IKEA bench.

(unpaid) People Hours Invested: 3
To Date: 205

Trips to Hudson's Ace Hardware & Home Depot: 1

Tears: None.
Tears to Date: Twice.

bedroom floor, post-adhesive, pre-sanding

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home