Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Friday, December 11, 2009

Amanda's Hat

I'm currently working on a hat for Amanda for Christmas. Hard to believe, but this is my first hat ever! After consulting with the girls, and offering Amanda a choice of four patterns, I settled on this one from Head Hunters (in beanie style). I personally would have chosen this one, since I've seen the one Mollie made and it's darn cute. Plus I have been really itching to try a cable pattern. It sounds fun, I just haven't had an occasion to do it.

Frustration hit around inch two. I was knitting along, when I see a great big knot in the yarn. They didn't even try to cover up this tackiness. I decided to keep moving, until six inches down the yarn, I see a second knot. So chintzy. That's what I get for buying cheap yarn. I backed up and broke the yarn, but I am afraid I didn't leave enough of a tail to weave in, and it's already starting to come out. Ugh. Perhaps when I'm all done, I'll have to check the repair section of my Stitch 'N Bitch book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home