Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Proud Crafts

Last weekend was Pride weekend, and I celebrated with craft. I definitely needed a shirt with rainbows, so I created one out of an A-shirt (aka wife beater, for Aunt Lola's non-PC readers) and strips cut from t-shirts. I was having so much fun cutting up t-shirts that I decided to create bracelets for myself and my friends.



Two things of note: I did NOT cut the slit that low. Sarah, blue-ribbon wingman that she is, decided I needed to be more riské, and ripped it wide open! That's when I realized it was a good place to hold my bottle opener. Which leads me to number two: I agreed to be a beer tub girl for my favorite local bar, to make a little cash to support my crafting habit. Unfortunately, that night I dropped my phone and it shattered, so most of the cash went straight to a new phone. That being said, I had a blast and met a lot of fun people.

Oh, and by the way, shouldn't my wingman have her own craft blog?? Check out what she did with two white A-shirts and a big yellow t-shirt. Pure genius. Hats off to you, my friend

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The famous Aunt Lola strikes again!

Frickin' fantastic shirt that you made there. Your crafting and diy projects leave me in awe, as does your commitment to documenting your works in progress.

Why is it that all Miss Abby's friends are amazing?

7/03/2008 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home