Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Chair and Art


When I'm not making things for myself, I like to a) purchase someone else's handicraft, or b) get a great deal. Jenn's thriftiness came in handy last week. I'd been telling her how much I like her leather chair and ottoman, and she saw one on an online auction and called me immediately. Apparently, the auction was closing in 45 minutes and the top bid was only $120. Forty-five minutes later, I was the proud owner of a chair and ottoman I had only seen on the internet. Saturday morning she and I drove out to Spring Lake Park, a town I'd never even heard of, and picked up my $185 set (there was a last-minute bidding war--exciting!). I'm pretty happy with my thrifty purchase, although I wish it was more brown and less black, and I kinda wish it didn't smell like gasoline. I've been soliciting advice on that front, but since it's pleather, all the suggestions of Febreezing it don't really help. Any other suggestions welcome.

I'm also super excited about the new art hanging above the chair, which falls in the category of someone else's handicraft. I bought this lovely piece on from Erica at beeskneesstudio on etsy.com. It's my favorite website, where crafters sell their goods. I love having unique art that I know nobody can buy at Target.


And speaking of other crafters, I went to the Saint Paul Craftstravaganza today and got some great finds! More on those later. I'm gonna have to wash my hair if I'm going to model my new shirt!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Kelly said...

Hello there. It is Dan Kelly. I am looking at pictures of your cute new house and coveting your curtains. They are EXACTLY what I was looking for. Very 70s. I bought fabric to make curtains, but it will go toward something else now (not a financial loss at all). VERY cute!

6/17/2008 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home