Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Chase's Blanket

Around Thanksgiving, I learned that one of my oldest friends was soon to be a dad. I set to work on a gift as soon as I finished the Hurricane Hat. I finally took Mollie's advice and went to Ravelry in search of patterns.


I chose Ingrid Aaturn's Pine Forest Baby Blanket because the pattern looked pretty simple, and I needed a project I could count on myself to finish. I made a couple of variations:


1. I used a size 10 circular needle (the pattern called for an 8).


2. I used chunky weight yarn instead of worsted. My main color was Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky in Golden.


3. I made the border in a contrasting color, Lion Brand's Baby's First Yarn in Honey Bee. This was a really soft acrylic/cotton blend, but I ended up not liking the way the threads would unravel when I was weaving the ends in.


Here's the final product:


And here it is after being safely shipped to Chicago. I think little Baby Chase likes his new blankie.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home