Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Craft Night After Hiatus

Craft night hasn't happened in a while, but it was finally revived tonight. As usual, we gossipped, drank wine, knitted, and lamented the fact that Craft Superstar Jane hasn't joined us. (Jane, next Tuesday, Sarah's house. You are invited). I worked on a sweater I have woefully neglected for many weeks. I also sported a new t-shirt that Kate bought for me on the DIY-themed Threadless.


I haven't worked on this sweater since before its future recipient was born, but luckily, I planned for a 12-month size, so there's still some time before he outgrows it.


Also tonight, Sarah and I helped Angela get started knitting in the round for the first time, and I was reminded what an elusive concept that is! She's knitting a baby hat, something I have yet to try. But I've knitted in the round on double-pointed needles for my Tempting sweater and for my many felted coasters.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ilana said...

You're inspiring me... I haven't touched my knitting in weeks. My cousin just had a baby, so perhaps a baby hat is in order!

9/09/2008 11:41 PM  
Blogger Jane Bowman said...

Oh no! I can't make it! Tuesdays are bad for me. Hm, don't worry, I'll be back! I miss Craft Night.

9/13/2008 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home