Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Homework: blinds and medicine cabinet

Yesterday was a productive day. Simon's Sarah offered to come over and help clean, so I put her to work on sweeping and mopping (which she did with immense talent and flair) while I finally got my roman blinds hung in the bedroom and dining room. Gotta head to IKEA today to buy one more $7 blind for the third window in the dining room. Oh, and I also ordered curtains for the big picture window in the dining room. I'll be anxiously awaiting their arrival all week!


Blinds are up in the bedroom!




And two out of four windows are now covered in the dining room.




I also spent some time yesterday getting a little crafty. I hadn't put anything in my medicine cabinet yet, because it looks so inhospitable.



So I went to Paper Source, one of those stores like Michael's that makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. Such a variety of pretty things and things that spark creativity. I believe the paper I bought was called "Winter Berries." It works well with my brown walls and pink countertop. Anyway, I used it to line the walls of the medicine cabinet, and used some rubber non-sticky shelf liner to line the shelves. Now my stuff can rest comfortably in the medicine cabinet, and I'm one step closer to feeling at home.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fecal collector called, it wonders why you ate mexican recently. Wonders if you hate everything about it?

3/17/2008 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home