Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Knitting Night, 12-11-2007



Tonight was knitting night. Angela, Sarah, and Mollie came over for some fun times. Sarah brought some homemade cookies that she warned us looked like Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo, but I'll let you be the judge. Regardless, they were tasty. She says they looked much more like Mr. Hanky when they were uncooked, and were all glistening moist.




She also showed us some lovely mittens she had made. She felted an old wool sweater from Old Navy, cut out mitten shapes from the felted sweater, and sewed them together. What a lovely project. I wonder if I have any old wool sweaters laying around... I'd love to have long mittens that cover my chilly wrists when I walk to the light rail each morning.




I FINALLY finished Reagan's sweater tonight. I hope he hasn't outgrown it. I sat on the unfinished project for weeks, waiting for a chance to get to JoAnn Fabrics to buy some buttons for it. I plan on mailing it to my little guy tomorrow.




After that, I picked up my knitting on Simon's coasters again. If you remember, I used this pattern for myself last winter. I'm pretty pleased with the product after all this time, so Simon is getting a set for Hanakah. Probably not one for each day, since eight is a lot, but I hope to do at least six.




Before they're felted and shrunk down to size, they also make good pasties.















Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home