Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Adventures in Yardwork

I finally did some yard work today. I was out there for two hours, and filled three 33-gallon trash bags full of leaves and brush, and you can barely tell. The real evidence is in the scratches up and down my arms and the thorn that is embedded into my finger. I found lots of interesting things growing and living in my front yard. I didn't even get to the backyard today, but it's in better shape anyway.

I'll buy a beer for anyone who can successfully identify any of the following:

I'm guessing day lillies...



These little guys are just so cute. They remind me of asparagus.


But these are the cutest things ever. What do they think they are, snails? I want to pinch them on the cheeks!


Tulips?




There are a ton of these on the ground under a tree in my backyard. Wouldn't it be cool if one of my trees produced something edible?


I don't know what it is, but I bet it's gonna be real pretty in about a week!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/04/2008 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home