Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poster as Wrapping Paper


I work at Orchestra Hall, and occasionally the marketing department will do a poster purge to get rid of old advertisements that were in the windows of the box office. I grab a few each time, thinking if nothing else, the back side of that big sheet of heavy paper will come in handy someday. Incidentally, this kind of thinking, while a useful attribute for a DIYer, makes for a very full house. All of my shelves and drawers and corners are stuffed with things that might someday be a useful ingredient for a craft project.


Amanda's birthday is this week, and I found my use for this poster. I happened to order her gift online and have it shipped to work, so she wouldn't see it, and when it came, I set it on the floor in the corner of my cube, right next to said poster. Aha! Look how pretty!


Side note: These pictures are a good reminder about the rules of lighting and photography--the wrapped gift picture was taken in late afternoon, near a window. The unwrapped poster picture was taken further away from a window, in the morning. Hmmm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home