Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, June 16, 2008

Toads!

Last weekend, like every weekend from May 4th until the end of time, I was working in the yard, pulling up weeds and dead stuff. I was picking up handfuls of wet dead leaves when I ran across this guy. He startled me so much I almost fell over backwards. Toads. So small, so motionless, yet so terrifying!
Now I approach yard cleanup much more gingerly. If a couple of toads freak me out, I can't imagine what kind of screaming banshee I'd become if I ever reached into a pile of dead leaves and pulled out a snake.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

It's Rita. I love toads - they are very non threatening but not very pretty. Cute booties - do you knit in the summer? How are you????

Rita

6/24/2008 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home