Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Luggage Tags


Last Christmas I gave Kate luggage, and I made the luggage tags. Since they're shiny, they don't photograph well, so you'll have to use a little imagination.

I cut tag shapes out of photos and some cardstock for backing. I cut a square in the cardstock for an address card to show through. Then I got the pieces laminated at Kinko's. I used an upholstery needle and thread to sew the front and back together.

It was pretty tough to sew through the lamination, so I ended up using a pliers to save my fingers. I think the end product is pretty fun.


This one is made from a photo from our vacation in Hawaii, November 2005.









This one is made from a photo from a Duluth winter getaway.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home