Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, February 01, 2010

Amanda's Hat: the pictures


I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of Amanda's hat. In the month since I gave it to her, it has already stretched out and doesn't shrink back down to size. Knitters among you, is this a yarn problem? A pattern problem? A size problem? I've decided a good solution would be to thread some elastic thread through the inside of the band to try to help it retain its shape. We'll see how long it takes me to get around to that. Aunt Lola has not been the most prolific of crafters lately.


On the other hand, I did manage to do a little extra crafting at Christmas time. For you out of town readers, the entire state of Minnesota (and Iowa) was hit with a nasty snow and ice storm right before Christmas. My family ended up cancelling all festivities, and I stuck around home for the entire four days. I woke up and shovelled every morning, then watched movies and ate junk food for the rest of the day. By Saturday night, that had gotten very tiresome, so I decided to occupy myself by making a scarf to match Amanda's hat. I finished it by Monday. It may be my fastest project yet. It was a basic 2x2 rib, modeled after my favorite green scarf, but still. It included color variations!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home