Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hope for 2008

A couple days ago, I worked on a mix CD for a friend who's going through a rough patch and needed a little optimism in her life. I started thinking about how it seems lately that there are a lot of people in my life who are going through rough patches. I've certainly been looking for reminders that life is good. So I decided to make a handful of the "Hope for 2008" CDs as New Year's gifts for my friends. And I got crafty and made gifty CD cases made out of fabric scraps left over from my pillow project.


The Playlist:

1. "This Will Be Our Year" OK Go
2. "I'll Take You There" The Staple Singers
3. "These are the Days" Van Morrison
4. "Angry Any More" Ani DiFranco
5. "Blackbird" The Beatles
6. "The World's Not Falling Apart" Dar Williams
7. "Three Little Birds" Bob Marley
8. "My Song" Brandi Carlile
9. "The Long Way Around" The Dixie Chicks
10. "Mr. E's Beautiful Blues" The Eels
11. "Just A Ride" Jem
12. "True to Myself" Ziggy Marley
13. "Love Train" The O'Jays
14. "Let It Be" The Beatles
15. "Into the Mystic" Van Morrison
16. "Growin' Up" Bruce Springstein
17. "I Hope" The Dixie Chicks


The Crafts









Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane Bowman said...

Sweet! I want a CD!

1/02/2008 12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

laura,
stumbled onto your blog. dig it...and your felt CD cases. Can i steal your idea?

2/05/2008 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home