Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Old crafts revisited: Baby Booties




I can't believe it, but I knitted these baby booties three years ago, when my niece Brynn was born. I forgot all about them, until I found them in her bedroom at her third birthday party. They're so tiny! I'm pretty sure the pattern came from the Stitch 'N Bitch Nation book. They were fun to make and so fast! Only problems: 1) the pattern called for wool, which seemed a bit impractical for baby clothes, and 2) the pattern required some crocheting for the strap, and I don't have a clue how to crochet. I made it up as I went along. Seems like they turned out okay, though!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Good to see Brynn still kind of hates the world.

6/23/2008 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,
It has been so long since we have talked....and then I remembered your blog. It was great to read back through the earlier entries including the hosue warming that I missed. It reminded me of how much fun it was to work with you.
I am so glad that you are enjoying your new home...you are a wonderful caretaker!
Scott

6/24/2008 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home