Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fabric wall hanging



I'm always buying old sheets and fabric from thrift stores and garage sales without a clear idea of what I plan to do with them. I held onto this sheet for almost a year before I figured out how I wanted to use it. I bought an old wooden frame from a garage sale for 50 cents. It was already missing the glass and the backing. I cut the sheet to about 2 inches beyond the size of the frame and used a staple gun to stretch it across. Note to self--next time don't be too lazy to iron the fabric first. Wrinkles that don't show up in daylight show up at night when the wall sconces are turned on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

11/10/2008 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home