Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Monday, January 29, 2007

Reed's Onesies

Sigh. Work's been super stressful, and it has sucked out my creativity. I haven't worked on anything since the pillows, so I guess I'll post a craft from a few months ago. These were my first baby onesies. I made them for my friend Amy's newborn, Reed. I keep waiting for Amy to let me have a photo shoot with Reed as my model. I wonder what they look like on him!

This is the first one I made. The original inspiration came from a men's t-shirt I saw on a guy on a party that looked a lot like this. Serged instead of zig-zagged, though. I'm going to watch for a serger at garage sales this summer. Sewing machines are everywhere. Sergers not as much. Anyway, the green strips were cut from an old t-shirt that didn't fit me anymore.




Same story, little different design here. Doing these on a machine is tricky because it's hard to maneuver without sewing through both sides of the shirt.





For this one, I cut a square from an old t-shirt of mine to make a pocket. Then I trimmed the neck and pocket with a really cute blue and brown ribbon. Lesson learned--stick with things that are stretchy, duh. The ribbon doesn't stretch, which I didn't think about at first, so I'm sure little Reed probably never wore this one. He probably couldn't get it over his head!




This last one's my favorite. The fabric for the circles came from remnants I bought at a garage sale for pennies. I hand-sewed the circles on with hot pink thread.



When I finished, I rolled them back up in their original packaging to wrap and give as a baby gift.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home