Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Aunt Lola in San Francisco

Shae's sweater and I just returned from a visit to San Francisco, and I had the loveliest time. Shae's sweater didn't see the light of day too often, but I did spend an hour or two knitting at a coffee shop. I'm now working on the first sleeve.


I also met Seth and Ilana, who have made much more progress on their house lately, but since I've run out of money, there will probably not be many DIY home improvement projects on the blog for a while.

That's Seth on the far left, and Ilana is third from the right.


The Californians really enjoyed Kassie's Hashbrown Casserole. Ted and I hid in the kitchen and devoured all the leftovers while the others cleaned up.


Just for fun, here's the recipe.

Kassie's Hashbrown Casserole

1 lb breakfast sausage
2 T flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 lb frozen hashbrowns
1/2 onion (chopped) (optional)
1 container of fresh mushrooms (optional)
1 green pepper (optional)
2 cups cheddar cheese

Brown breakfast sausage. Add flour and milk. Bring to boil, let thicken, about 5 minutes.
Pour hashbrowns in a greased 9 x 13" pan. Mix in veggies (I used half a yellow onion and a container of mushrooms). Top with 1 cup cheese. Top with breakfast sausage mix. Top with remaining cup of cheese.

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home