Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Friday, January 25, 2008

Homework, 1/25

I didn't work at all at the house today. I have been cleaning the apartment, doing dishes, washing sheets, etc. because Alissa and Mike and baby Reagan are coming for the weekend. Can't wait to get some baby therapy. Even though I didn't work on the house today, I can still chalk up one more Tears occurence. I don't do well pulling double shifts like this! I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine, and getting back to a decent night's sleep. Soon.

In the meantime, the contractor called to let me know his help didn't show up today, so the floor's still not installed. He's not working over the weekend, which means the good news is I don't have to worry about Reagan breathing dust from the sanding. But I'm getting nervous about it being done in time for moving day next weekend.

On the agenda for tomorrow:
  • Lots of baby snuggles
  • Second coats of paint in living/dining room and family room.
  • Coat of primer in basement bedroom, then first coat of paint.

Other stuff I'm thinking of doing:

  • Painting the basement bathroom. It's not hurting for paint, but there is one nasty spot where the paint is peeling up.
  • Removing all the shelf paper in all the closets and cupboards. I hate shelf paper.
  • I'm dying to clean, but until the sanding is done, there's no point.
  • I'm also dying to get rid of all the construction trash and carpet that's taking up the whole garage, but I'm waiting until I have a truck so I can haul it all to the city dump for free. Free is better than paying for a dumpster.

Back to making Grandma Rita Sandwiches. The Hope for 2008 CD is helping with the cleaning and preparing. Good job, me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home