Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Sunday, March 17, 2013

DGK's vest

There's a new Declan in my life, and he deserves a vest equally as cute as my nephew Declan's vest!  For DGK, I found a cute pattern on Ravelry called "Benedick and Beatrice Vest".  I don't usually pay for patterns, but it's tough to find cute free patterns for boys' clothes. 

Since DGK was born in October, I am making this vest in a 12 month size to make sure he can wear it next fall.  I added a bit of length to the pattern, since I know my knitting is usually short and squat.  Rather than the recommended 1.5 inches of ribbing around the waist, I ribbed a full two inches.  Rather than starting the arm and neck holes at 5.5 inches, I knitted until the full piece measured seven inches from the cast on edge.  From that point on, I followed the pattern as written.  The one exception:  I used size 6 instead of size 7 double pointed needles on the neck and arm ribbing, because I had them handy.  I'm using Caron Simply Soft worsted weight in Soft Blue and Grey Heather.

Here's the project, nearly complete.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SarahKW said...

Declan can't wait until he's big enough to fill it out. Thank you, Aunt Lola! xoxo

4/06/2013 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home