Aunt Lola's DIY Blog

a journal of crafts and DIY projects

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shaker Stitch Baby Blanket


I was in my local yarn shop recently, Steven Be, and the utterly unforgettable and blindingly flamboyant Steven Be himself proclaimed to me that brioche is the stitch of 2015. I feel pretty trendy, since I started this blanket at least a year ago. On the other hand, it's technically not a brioche stitch. The pattern calls this stitch a shaker stitch. I can't be bothered to understand the difference. All I need to know is that I love this fluffy bouncy blanket!


I started the blanket without a recipient in mind, because I knew there would certainly be another baby in my life by the time I finished it. In the end, it felt a little wrong to give it to a baby when it wasn't knit with that baby in mind. Knitters know. There's a meditation or intention that goes into knitting something for a specific recipient. So I'm donating it to the church auction tonight. I hope it will be loved in its new home!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home